Barrell Bourbon Batch #12
Batch 012 is a high rye bourbon comprised of 9-year-old barrels and selected old bourbon stocks, most of which were aged in the lower sections of the
- Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- Distilled and aged for 9 years in Tennessee
- Crafted and bottled in Kentucky
- 108.5 proof cask strength bottling
- Aged for 9 years with selected older barrels
- Aged in American white oak barrels
- Mash bill: 70% corn, 25% rye, 5% malted barley
Sumptuous and lush, Batch 12 fills the mouth with late summer fruit jam and dollops of fresh whipped cream on hot brioche bread pudding. The multi-minute finish is rich with chocolate and
- Appearance: Deep amber at the core melting to rose gold and brightly polished copper, rimmed by golden edges marbled with wildflower honey.
- Nose: Elaborate and indulgent nose of delicious orange curd, strawberry, and bursts of sea foam, with licks of pumpkin pie and wet Spanish saddle leather.
- Palate: Creamy textures abound with luxurious dabs of fresh whipped cream spooned over long simmered hot chocolate. English summer ale at the top of the tongue gives rise to mid-range notes of crushed Oreo cookie leading into the 108.5 proof finish.
- Finish: Minced cigar and pipe tobacco meld with slowly cooked summer peach pie. Hints of sea smoke, crushed salt-slicked rocks, and pork cracklings round out the finish.
- With a few drops of water: Softer still than without, velvety with notes of sweet butter melted over charred corn on the cob.