Domaine de la Garreliere Sans Tra La La Gamay
The Garrelière estate was once the property of the Duke of Richelieu, Cardinal's nephew, Jean-Armand du Plessis. The vineyard represented a large area, planted with various vine plants (crazy, hybrids 54-55 ...). The production of white wine was consistent and famous. Until the beginning of the 20th century the domaine de la Garrelière stretched over 60 hectares of vines. The cellar was built in 1850 and the cellar, developed for the aging of wines in barrels dates from 1645.
In 1973, Pierre Plouzeau, a wine merchant in Chinon, wishing to expand his vineyard in Chinon fell in love with this estate, which was for sale, and decided to buy it. A long process of restructuring and planting begins. We tear out all the parcels of vines as we go and replant noble grape varieties: sauvignon, cabernet franc, gamay. For a few years, Pierre Plouzeau manages and markets the estate's wines.
It was in 1985 that François, Pierre Plouzeau's son, decided to take over the Domaine de la Garrelière and move there as a winemaker. The restructuring work continues, Chenin and Chardonnay are also planted. Today the vineyard represents 18 hectares of vines in production.