WhistlePig Aged 10 Years Straight Rye Whiskey
WhistlePig 10 yo was released in the summer of 2010 to great critical acclaim, earning 96 points from Wine Enthusiast, their highest rating ever for a rye whiskey. 10 yo expression embodies the perfect combination of proof, purity, and age — hitting “the sweet spot” in all three categories.
- COLOR: Dark golden amber.
- LEGS: Long, wider than usual and thick.
- NOSE: Begins rich and heavy with notes of allspice, ginger, nutmeg, clove, orange peel and anise. Then complimented by the woody notes of charred oak and caramel with a hint of honey.
- TASTE: Full bodied yet complex flavors. Fills the mouth with warm, sweet and floral notes with hints of caramel and vanilla, followed almost instantly by the rye-spice and mint flavors. Butterscotch and dark chocolate pleasantly dominate later.
- FINISH: Warm and long on the front palate with crisp yet creamy finish with reminiscent of butterscotch.